Saturday 21 July 2007

The worst time of my life...



In Loving memory Thelma Silvander 410921-070703

I always used to say that I don´t know what I would do without my mother....How could anyone possibly function without the one thing that has always been there, in thick and thin , through all both good & bad......always supporting, taking care, fixing things, being best mom,friend and best grandma to my children....the list could go on and on and on...My mother was struck by cancer three times.....three times faced with this horrible desease that just eats you up...Mom beat the desease ten years ago..she had breastcancer and went through the worst treatment possible...kemo, radiation and all that goes with that... she beat the cancer and was able to see my children be borned and start school...she never missed an event with the kids, never missed a schoolstart or the end of the semester with the children singing in churh etc. My mom even invited the schoolclass home too swim in our pool last year because she thought it was hot & boring for the kids when school was out..and there was nothing do do..she often picked them up after school, taking them out doing things or just reading stories....they loved her very much, and always ran to see her when they got home from schoool..We were blessed with living next door to eachother, and met almost every day for the last ten years and I thank God for that..two years ago she got coloncancer, and she went trough the whole terrible treatment again..kemo and radiation, which gave terrible sideeffects...it breaks down a person totally.... but my mom was such a fighter. ...She never lost her will to live or fight..But then she had an accident, and fell which made them x-ray her lungs....and then we found out 11 months ago that she had cancer in her lungs...she who had never smoked a cigaret in her whole life...it did not look good....but we hoped she could beat this yet again, at least for a couple of years..but finally her body gave in some weeks ago......it went very fast, and I still cannot believe she is gone...The best mother anyone could ever have...is now watching us from above.. and I miss her like crazy......
When I have the strenght I will write our story on a special page....

Take care, and be thankful for your dear ones....every single moment you get together.

Annelie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Det är fruktansvärt sorgligt med din mamma, känner verkligen med dig. Sköt om dig.